This policy was last updated on February 6, 2022
TSI Privacy Posture
Privacy at TSI is held in the highest regard and as such privacy is embedded in our organizational culture. As such, TSI is dedicated to safeguarding your privacy across all our business operations, and all information that is collected will be used and/or handled consistent with this policy.
We collect, use, and/or handle information on you so that we can effectively and efficiently provide our services to you. Please note that you have the right to refuse our request for information, however, if the requested information is not provided, this will impact our ability to effectively and efficiently provide our services to you.
TSI may also collect, use, and/or handle information on your family and friends that you provide when you refer us to them or invite them to use or participate in our services. TSI will use the information you provide on your family and friends for the purposes of fulfilling your requests and providing the requested services.
Personal Information Collected by TSI
Personal information is defined as any information that can be used to identify or contact you such as your name, email address, telephone number, full mailing address, credit card information, information that you provide to us regarding a request for service, a problem you are having, or other inquiry.
Nonpersonal Information Collected by TSI
Nonpersonal information is defined as information that, on its own, cannot be used to identify or contact you as well as does not permit direct association with you. This includes, but is not limited to occupation, language, zip code, area code, IP address, unique device identifier, type of device, browser name, referrer URL, location, whether you are an individual or a company, and the type of industry that you operate in.
How TSI will use Information
Please be assured that TSI never sells, trades or rents your personal information. Primarily, when we collect information from you, it is to provide you with the services that we offer and to better understand your needs. We may also use it for the following purposes:
- Data analysis to enable us to improve our services to you
- Proper record keeping
- Keep you informed of our service offerings – you can opt out at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com
- Send you informational newsletters and emails about our services or other information related to the services we offer, that we believe may be beneficial or interesting to you
- Contact you to get in touch or follow up on a request. You can opt out at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing of Information
TSI is the sole owner of the information that you provide to us. However, we may share information that we collect in the following ways:
- We contract personnel such as technicians and/or partner with third parties to provide specific services. To this end, TSI will share personal information only to the extent that it is necessary for the third party to provide the requested services. The third parties are not allowed to use your personal information except for the purpose of providing the requested services
- We use third party credit card processing companies to bill you for services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use your personal information for any secondary purposes beyond fulfilling your requests for services
- Share aggregated information with our partners and advertisers. This shared information will not be linked to any of your personal information that can identify you as a specific person
Security of Collected Information
At all times, TSI will safeguard your information by taking industry-standard precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and accessibility of your information. We will protect your information in storage/at rest or in transit, i.e. both online and offline.
Your information will be encrypted and transmitted to TSI in a secured manner. For your peace of mind, you can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and/or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of our website address (while on our Web page). We will also limit access to your personal information to authorized TSI personnel to the extent that they need it to perform a specific job, e.g. for a technician to provide a requested service. The computers/servers in which we store your information will be kept in a secure environment, with limited access.
A cookie is a small file which usually asks your permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets the website owner know when you visit a website. Hence, cookies will do several things such as help TSI better understand user behavior and tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, etc. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, pretty much like when you enter a store and the store attendant personally attends to you. The web application can, therefore, tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
When we use traffic log cookies, they identify which pages are being used, and this information helps us to analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Declining to accept cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website or parts of this website may not function properly impacting the user experience.
Links to External Websites
At times, our website may contain links to other websites of interest such as partners, information resources, etc. Please note that once you have used these links and have left our website, we do not have any control over that other website and how data is handled. Therefore, we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. We encourage you to exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
If after you have previously agreed to us collecting and using your personal information, for any reason whatsoever, you change your mind, at any time, please let us know by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. The changes that you would like to make to how we possess or use your data can include the following:
- Delete Data — You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above). Please note that in some cases, data retention policies may apply.
- Change or Correct Data — You can edit some of your personal data through your account, if that feature is available. However, you can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate by sending us an email us as soon as possible.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data — You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process. If such disclosure is required, we will make every reasonable effort to notify you only when it’s appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may use our discretion to dispute such demands, if we believe the request(s) lack(s) proper authority, vague or fraudulent, but we cannot promise to challenge every demand.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this website, you indicate your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do have any objections to this policy, we encourage you to not use this website. Your continued use of the website following updates to this policy, will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.